Warehouse C, 1940
Originally built on this site as Crown Mills, The Centennial Mills complex was begun in 1910. Buildings were added over the years and Warehouse C, built in 1940, was the last to be constucted. Warehouse C was rammed by the grain ship Aegean Mariner in 1965, just about where the left half of the sign sits. The sign probably dates to then, as significant dock and building repairs were needed.
This can best be seen from the Willamette River between the Broadway and Fremont Bridges.