Montgomery Ward Building, 1895
The seven story brick building at NW 18th and Upshur has ghost signs on all four sides giving indications of it 110+ year history. Originally built as a Montgomery Ward warehouse, it was vacated in 1921 when the more well known building at NW 27th and Vaughn was built (now known as Montgomery Park). Subsequent signs show that this building was used as a wholesale furniture store/warehouse and probably most recently, if legibility of the signs is any indication, Western Warehouse.
This postcard shows the NW 18th and Upshur intersection looking northwest, maybe in the 1910s or 1920s.
And roughly the same view in 2007: