Blumauer-Frank Building, 1924
The Irving Street Lofts sign is one of of the pioneers of the transition from the industrial district to what we know as the Pearl District today.
A short history of the building:
1924: Built for the Blumauer-Frank Drug Company, a wholesale pharmaceutical company.
1937: McKesson Robbins, another drug company, bought it to warehouse supplies.
late 1980s: Converted to rentals and artists lofts.
1995: Converted to loft condominiums by Grancorp, Inc.
This view is from NW 14th and Hoyt.