Western Rooms Building, 1906
This sign advertising Ghirardelli Chocolate is very hard to make out any more. Years of weathering, and probably other layers of advertising, have made it all but unreadable. It must have been quite striking in its time because of the sheer size of it, taking up the entire west-facing wall of the building housing Berbati's Restaurant. The four-story brick building was constructed for hotel and retail use in 1906.
The first photo was taken from the surface parking lot across SW 3rd at Ankeny, the second taken from atop the multi-level garage at SW 3rd and Pine.